By Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam
This quantity involves a variety of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures offered each year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. introduced by means of eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they disguise a vast spectrum of topics in physics, chemistry, existence technological know-how, arithmetic, historiography and social issues.
This exceptional memorial lecture sequence used to be inaugurated through the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts following a global symposium held in Jerusalem in March 1979 to commemorate the centenary of Albert Einstein's beginning. considering Einstein's pursuits, actions and impact weren't limited to theoretical physics yet spanned wide fields affecting society and the welfare of humankind, it was once felt that those memorial lectures will be addressed to scientists, students and erudite laypersons instead of to physicists alone.
- What Can natural arithmetic supply to Society? (W Timothy Gowers, Fields Medalist)
- General Covariance and the Passive Equations of Physics (Shlomo Sternberg, Professor of natural and utilized arithmetic, Harvard University)
- The constitution of Quarks and Leptons (Haim Harari, Professor of Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Beautiful Theories (Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Harmless power from Nuclei (Carlo Rubbia, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Supramolecular Chemistry: From Molecular info towards Self-Organization and intricate topic (Jean-Marie Lehn, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Chromatin and Transcription (Roger Kornberg, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Energy, atmosphere, and the accountability of Scientists (Yuan T Lee, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Res Ipsa Loquitur: heritage and Mimesis (John E Wansbrough, Professor of Oriental and African stories, college of London)
Readership: Scientists, scholars and lay people.
Read Online or Download Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 PDF
Best general physics books
Most well-liked books approximately technological know-how, or even approximately arithmetic, tiptoe round equations as though they have been whatever to be hidden from the reader's delicate eyes. Dana Mackenzie begins from the other premise: He celebrates equations. No background of artwork will be entire with out photographs. Why, then, may still a background of mathematics--the common language of science--keep the masterpieces of the topic hidden at the back of a veil?
Via a biophysical process, Electromagnetic Fields in Biology and medication presents state of the art wisdom on either the organic and healing results of Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs). The reader is guided via motives of basic difficulties with regards to the advantages and dangers of EMFs, step by step engineering tactics, and easy effects bought from laboratory and scientific trials.
Semiconductor Nanowires: half B, and quantity ninety four within the Semiconductor and Semimetals sequence, makes a speciality of semiconductor nanowires. contains specialists individuals who evaluation an important contemporary literatureContains a large view, together with exam of semiconductor nanowires
For 2- and three-semester collage physics courses Just the EssentialsRichard Wolfson’s crucial collage Physics, 3rd version is a concise and innovative calculus-based physics textbook that gives transparent writing, nice difficulties, and suitable real-life purposes in an inexpensive and streamlined textual content.
Additional info for Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1
Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 by Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam